Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $80.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

annihilator

July 17, 2017, 01:44:00 PM
cant believe gaypage has finally got a new computer, wonder where he heisted it from

EscJimBo

February 17, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
Hulk, Spare, Doodle, Ness all that's left

EscDARKWOLF

January 27, 2017, 09:50:26 PM
The loyal always return....
will get vent up and running ASAP, look forward to catching up with you guys!!

EscDARKWOLF

January 27, 2017, 09:47:31 PM
Damn!...I go out for a pack of cigarettes....and the clan falls apart!?!
Hehe

annihilator

November 22, 2016, 06:32:39 AM
how have you all been?

Show 50 latest

Author Topic: Planetside 2 Info  (Read 12829 times)

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
  • Captain Hairy Ape to You
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
    • SOAR
Planetside 2 Info
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »
Important Info at a Glance

Official Site – Planetside2.com
Steam Link – store.steampowered.com/app/218230/

IMPORTANT!  To play with other ESC members, you must choose the following options when creating a character:
Faction – New Conglomerate (Blue/Gold side).
Server – Connery (US West Coast)

Overview

Planetside 2 is a FPSMMO that will be released at 10:00AM PST on November 20th, 2012.  The game is a sequel to the original Planetside, which to this day still boasts some of the largest FPS battles to date, putting Battlefield’s 64 player maps to shame.  In Planetside 2 the combat is similar to most modern FPS games; very similar to Battlefield 3.  It has combined arms, meaning Infantry, Tank, and Air battles all on one map with about 2,000 players fighting for 1 of 3 factions.

Since in-game video will probably give you a better idea of the game-play, here are some videos for you to watch.

In-game trailer - http://www.escapeclan.net/main/index.php?topic=3664.msg18974#msg18974

Jimbo/Beach Head tank battle - http://www.escapeclan.net/main/index.php?topic=3668.0

Further info can be found in Dorsa's Planetside 2 topic - http://www.escapeclan.net/main/index.php?topic=3664.0

On Creating Characters

Since Planetside is a MMO with persistent server architecture, creating a character and choosing a side is somewhat different than a game like Battlefield.  While you can create multiple characters to play on each of the factions, each character you create must be tied to ONE faction on ONE server.  This means if you create a character for the Terran Republic, that character could never switch sides to the New Conglomerate (Which is what ESC will be playing).  The game also has an experience system similar to games like Battlefield, but on a much larger scale.  You use this experience to unlock new equipment for infantry, tanks, and aircraft.  These unlocks do not switch between different characters, so more than likely you will be focusing on only one character.

Installing Client

There will be two ways to install the client.  Standalone (The same way as during beta) or through Steam.  I have a feeling most of you will use Steam, so just follow the link provided at the top of this topic or search for "Planetside 2" when you have Steam open.  I'll be installing the standalone just so I don't need Steam open while playing the game (And taking up resources, as little resources as it takes).  I'll post how to install the standalone once I know for certain how it will be done and if anyone requests it.

There will be no pre-load.  So as soon as it is available, starting downloading it, it will most likely be AT LEAST 6gb.  Most likely more.

Uninstalling the Beta Client

For those that took part in the beta, the beta client you installed must be uninstalled before you install the official client.  Of course this can't be straight forward, there had to be an error.  If you encounter an error while trying to uninstall the beta client, please check out this webpage.

Uninstalling PlanetSide® 2 Beta.

Also, if that doesn't work, or you want to try another way, some people have had luck in this topic doing the following.

I had the PS2 beta installer. I used it to uninstall but i still got the error code 1001. So i started the installer again and just reinstalled/repaired it. After I opened the beta installer again I uninstalled and it worked like a charm. If you are wondering where your PS2 beta installer may be check your downloads folder, i hope this helps some of you. Just search downloads in the windows search box.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:36:22 PM by EscJimBo »

Offline annihilator

• Chief Butt Monkey
Re: Planetside 2 Info
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:43:08 AM »
 didnt know if i should post this here....

or just delete the planetside 2 folder, that is what i had to do because of the error....also downloading now from steam....

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
If you are getting error 1001, they say just delete the folder.

Error 1001
If you receive a message that an "Exception occurred while uninstalling (Error 1001)," the game client was only partially uninstalled from your computer. This issue can be resolved by manually deleting the entire PlanetSide 2 folder and removing the shortcut from your desktop. Be sure to permanently delete both of these files from the Recycle Bin. After they are removed, use the Control Panel to uninstall PlanetSide 2 Beta again. This should complete the removal process.

Offline Crenim

• Hey Im not a noobie anymore
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
Now if I can just figure out how to play this :)
-Crenim

Offline Dorsa

• Im the shit I got 100 post
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
Just found a 3 year plan on what the developer's want to make PS2

Highlightes:
Player Owned bases, Harvestable resources, Water between continents, Weather

http://john-smedley.livejournal.com/2412.html

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »
Just FYI for those that use Steam.  Avoid using backup or validate if you have a very slow download speed.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/very-important-if-you-own-any-soe-game-on-steam-read-this.65868/page-3#post-823377

Please be certain that we are absolutely aware of the download limitations that many of our customers face. It's for this reason that we have done our best to post stickies about the subject and deter people from creating situations where they end up having these large downloads again. The Steam launcher does not automatically cause this, it's user generated.

On that same note we have had numerous discussions with Steam regarding the topic on behalf of our customers and they are looking into it, but naturally we can't force them to do anything as it's their application and they control it.

To be clear here, the flaw is that their application doesn't check the right data/asset sets when running a backup or validate. So it references older data, thinks your new/current data is wrong, which then causes it to be deleted and re-downloaded.

Steam absolutely has our latest data assets at all times, it's part of our standard deployment. Our launcher and theirs share the same data sets, it's purely a flaw in the Steam application that's causing these issues.

We have additional discussions planned with them, but naturally with the holiday approaching, folks on both sides of the house have people in/out for vacation increasing the time it takes to hopefully get a resolution in place.

While I understand that some of you may feel we don't care because there's no instant gratification in getting things fixed, but I assure you we most certainly do care and we are working through issues as diligently and as quickly as we can, even though we have limited control on this particular topic.

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »
It's been announced our server is going to be merged with another server.  You guys shouldn't notice anything other than increased population.  Indar was usually crowded, but the other continents, Esamir and Amerish should now be more populated soon.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/314615359120502784

we will be doing connery and helios merge pretty soon.

I hope we get to keep our name, Connery is a much better name than Helios.

Offline Dorsa

• Im the shit I got 100 post
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:46:39 AM »
I hear helios and keep thinking of Battlestar Gallatica (the new one)

Offline annihilator

• Chief Butt Monkey
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »
i hear and see helios think chronicles of riddick

Offline byronsmiley

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:31:59 PM »
I hear Helios and think of the sun, but hey, who's counting?  8)

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
Jimbo: Regarding that INI file I said to try deleting.  I don't have high hopes, but it might help.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/increasing-performance-with-planetside-2.46995/

Revert your Game Settings to Default

After a game update certain settings may change and impact the game’s performance on your system. As a result, we would suggest going to your PlanetSide 2 directory, locate the UserOptions.ini file and delete it. Once you have done so, launch the game.

Also, here are general performance tips for anyone trying to raise their FPS: Low FPS? Ailos' guide to having a better experience V2. (Updated 2/23/13)

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
GU08 Info

Tank armor has been increased for GU08 in order to give our lumbering armored friends a bit more survivability. This change mostly means that each tank is capable of taking 1-2 more standard infantry rockets worth of damage before turning into a pile of slag and getting eaten up by nanites. AP rounds for all tanks, and base turrets, as well as the Dalton and 30mm Tank Buster and Shredder Liberator weapons have a new resistance type which bypasses these armor buffs, making those weapons have the exact same number of shots to kill as previously, and further defining them as the best tank killing weapons on the battlefield.

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
Patch notes are out, lots of changes to tanks and infantry weapons.  Suggest checking out the link below, looks like about every infantry weapon got changed one way or another (even a passive change to entire weapon classes if the individual weapon isn't listed, like longer reload times for snipers).

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-game-update-08-05-02-2013.121874/

Tank changes in quote below.

Tank Armor Changes. In general the below changes will allow tanks to sustain one more anti-tank round to the front and sides and about 1.5 to 2 more tank rounds to the rear. Armor certifications are listed as decreasing, this was to keep them able to absorb roughly one addition anti-tank round to that side. Also smoothed out some unnecessary inconsistencies between the tanks.

Lightning
Front Armor Increased from 55 to 65
Front Armor certification bonus decreased from 10 to 7
Side & Top Armor Increased from 45 to 58
Side Armor certification bonus decreased from 10 to 8
Top Armor certification bonus decreased from 15 to 8
Rear & Bottom Armor Increased

Magrider
Front Armor Increased from 55 to 63
Side & Top Armor Increased from 50 to 58
Top Armor certification bonus decreased from 10 to 8
Rear Armor Increased from -20 to 30

Prowler
Front Armor Increased from 55 to 63
Side & Top Armor Increased from 50 to 58
Top Armor certification bonus decreased from 10 to 8
Rear & Bottom Armor Increased from -20 to 30

Vanguard
Front Armor Increased from 62 to 68
Front Armor certification bonus decreased from 5 to 4
Side & Top Armor Increased from 60 to 65
Rear & Bottom Armor Increased from -20 to 35

New Armor Piercing 30mm Resist Type: A new resist type has been created for Tank Busting caliber chain guns. Tanks have been given a vulnerability to this resist type. This makes these weapons nearly as effective as they were before the above armor increases.

Lightning (65)
Magrider (60)
Vanguard (62)
Prowler (60)

The following weapons use this new resist type
AP30 Shredder
CAS30 Tank Buster

New Armor Piercing Round Resist Type: A new resist type has been created for AP tanks rounds (and a few other weapons). Tanks have been given a vulnerability to this resist type. This makes these weapons nearly as effective as they were before the above armor increases.
Lightning (-25)
Magrider (-20)
Vanguard (-18)
Prowler (-20)

The following weapons use this new resist type
Lightning L100 Python AP
Magrider Supernova FPC
Vanguard Titan-150 AP
Prowler P2-120 AP
Phalanx Spear AV Turret
Liberator C150 Dalton

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
Limited time lower subscription rate for 3 month tier if anyone is interested.  Also, new Camo for loyal players...

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/something-for-our-loyal-soldiers.122700/#post-1672360

https://www.planetside2.com/respawn