Net Balance: $0.00
Below Goal: $80.00
Site Currency: USD
 0%

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

annihilator

July 17, 2017, 01:44:00 PM
cant believe gaypage has finally got a new computer, wonder where he heisted it from

EscJimBo

February 17, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
Hulk, Spare, Doodle, Ness all that's left

EscDARKWOLF

January 27, 2017, 09:50:26 PM
The loyal always return....
will get vent up and running ASAP, look forward to catching up with you guys!!

EscDARKWOLF

January 27, 2017, 09:47:31 PM
Damn!...I go out for a pack of cigarettes....and the clan falls apart!?!
Hehe

annihilator

November 22, 2016, 06:32:39 AM
how have you all been?

Show 50 latest

Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 7521 times)

Offline Dorsa

• Im the shit I got 100 post
Planetside 2
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »
Well, I can't afford Borderlands 2 yet, so I've going back to BF3 and trying out beta's an such.  There's a good one I found called Planetside 2.  It's like a massive BF3 conquest map, but no timers or anything.  The game just keeps going.  It's free to play come the end of Nov, so if you can't see a beta key, dont bother with the 40 dollar alpha package..unless you really want to play.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:14:55 PM by EscJimBo »

Offline EscJimBo

• Administrator
  • Chief Butt Monkey
    • http://www.escapeclan.net/
Re: Demo's and Promo's
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
http://www.planetside2.com/

There is the link. You dont have to pay anything. Ive been playing it. If you want skins and crap like that you can pay but its is free......

I played it last night OMG Ive never seen 20 tanks in a pack going from one area LARGE area to the next.... It was awsome being in that pack :) The tanks was like DC the eye candy was great

So try it out With A Friend  EscJimBo add me (( Got a Booty Call tonight)) but will be on after maybe lol

Hit me up if you cant find the dl link Its really hard to get it. and a beta key

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
  • Captain Hairy Ape to You
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
    • SOAR
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
We're on west coast 01, which now goes by the name Thebe (It should be the highest population west coast server).  I was lucky enough to be in the first Planetside beta, back when they use to mail disks for betas, and then I was lucky enough to be in the alpha for Planetside 2.  I think a lot of people will like Planetside 2, but the business model is not everyone's cup of tea, even though it is technically free.

As Jimbo has stated, it is free.  However, on the site it says $39.99.  Like most free to play games, they make their money through selling stuff in an in-game store.  You don't have to purchase anything in the store, and for right now at least, they are trying to prevent the game from being "Pay to Win" like the World of Tanks model.  For the most part, you should be able to get a lot of stuff through just playing the game, though slower than people that pay for experience boosts and such.  Back to the $39.99 thing, it essentially is just a way for them to get more money up front, as it gives you $40.00 of in game money right away, a 10% experience boost for about 6 months, as well as immediate access to the beta (Though everyone is getting in now it seems, so that point seems kind of stupid)  More info here.

I have to run, but I'll see if I can't get a video up from the night Jimbo and I played, though there are plenty of YouTube videos now to give you an idea.

If you do get into the Beta, I suggest you download the cilent as soon as possible if you have a slow internet connection, as it is 6+ gb.  Also, the beta runs until the 16th and the game will be offically released on the 20th.  It seems a little soon, the game might be being a bit rushed, but it is free at the very least.

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
Nope, not me.  I wasn't around during the last character wipe to grab the name.  More than likely I'll be using my backup name/MMO name Kiyone for Planetside.  I guess I should have bought Alpha Squad to reserve a name  :-\

The west coast server has usually been pretty good response/lag wise.  The east coast server was the second server to be brought up (North American), and I think they were using some sort of goofy configuration on it to test things out, and the lag on it use to be horrible so no one used it for weeks. I stopped playing before they fixed it up (I assume it is fixed, it is high population now).

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 03:25:01 PM »
Here is a video I found on Rock Paper Shotgun today for those that have no idea what the 3 of us are talking about.

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
A few people have signed up for the beta, and thought they were not in it.  If you signed up, it is possible you are in it, because both Jimbo and Spare signed up but never received their accepted e-mail.  It is possible your account is active.

There are a couple ways to check.

Go to www.soe.com and log in.  Go to game pass info and look up if your Planetside 2 account is "Active".  If it is active, you are most likely in beta.  Ignore the no membership part under Planetside 2, as current everyone has the same text.  If you have Active, see below, or you can skip right to the download instructions and see if you account can download the client, if the answer is Yes, most likely you are in beta.

Beta download instructions.

1.       Go to www.PlanetSide2.com/download and login with your Station name and password.
   2.       Download Launchpad and run/install.
   3.       Login with your Station name and password to start downloading.
   4.       When download is complete, press Play.

Downloading and Installation

After creating a Station Account, sign up for Beta or redeem a Beta key on the PlanetSide 2 website. When the account has been flagged for Beta you will receive an email with a link to the download page. If for any reason the download link does not work, please contact Technical Support. Methods of reaching them can be found here.

The download of PlanetSide2_Beta_setup.exe is approximately 12MB in size. Install the client to the recommended install path, which should be "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 Beta". Once the download is complete, run the file and the installation process for the LaunchPad utility will begin. After the install completes run LaunchPad to download all of the necessary game files. Follow the steps outlined by the InstallShield Wizard to complete the process. Be sure to check the recommended system specs here. https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/downloadPS2Launcher.action?theme=ps2
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:41:56 PM by EscJimBo »

Offline Dorsa

• Im the shit I got 100 post
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:32:57 AM »
Just a head's up for anyone looking forward to playing this next week. 

1. Beta ends this weekend. 
2. Dev's have confirmed that patching beta will not work on live date ( so come Saturday or Sunday, uninstall the monster)
3. Now available on Steam for next week http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/

Offline Beach Head

• Providence Breaker
  • Administrator
    • SOAR
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »
Wow, this is the first client in a while I have seen that won't patch from beta to live.

Beta is still scheduled to go down Friday at 11:59PST, so not much of a weekend - http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fno-november-16th-2012.44779/#post-592407

I have a feeling Tuesday is going to be a mess :)